This session will talk about strategies manufacturers use to achieve objectives such as predicting/measuring cylinder air for fuel control, fuel trim, catalyst warm-up, engine noise management, torque management, NVH, power enrichment, and more. We will focus heavily on taking an inside look at the actual calibration tables from vehicles of the past and compare them to the current day. We’ll investigate many of the functions taking place in the background which will provide some new perspectives for anyone tasked with solving driveability and emission problems on today’s vehicles.
- Solid understanding of engine operation
- Solid understanding of fuel injection and fuel delivery systems
- Knowledge of ignition systems
- Knowledge of emissions controls
- A desire to gain a deeper understanding of scan tool data and how to leverage it.