Gasoline Direct Injection Operation and Diagnostics
GDI vehicles are common in today’s service bays. This class will focus on the high-pressure fuel system. Using a case study format, the two primary areas which will be covered are the high-pressure fuel pump and the highpressure fuel injectors. A strong emphasis will be placed on scan data interpretation. Scope data will also be used to support scan tool data.
Discussion topics include the following:
- Gasoline Direct Injection Overview
- High Pressure Pump Operation
- 2009 Buick Enclave 3.6L HP Pump Diagnosis
- 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L HP Pump Diagnosis
- 2012 VW CC 2.0L HP Pump Diagnosis
- 2015 Ford Fusion 1.5L HP Pump Diagnosis
- High Pressure Fuel Injector Operation
- 2013 Ford Escape 1.6L GDI Lean Misfire
- 2013 Chevy Caprice PPV 3.6L Misfire
- 2013 Ford Fusion Ecoboost 2.0L No Start
A detailed handout will be provided.