VVT Fundamentals and Diagnostic Process (SOLD OUT)
Using case studies of repaired vehicles & actual part cutaways this class demonstrates how VVT systems work, what kinds of problems they have, and what can cause these systems to set codes. The focus is a diagnostic routine that provides a flow of testing steps with technician checkpoints along the way.
- Types of VVT systems
- Using scan data first
- Correlation and performance codes
- Finding problems without disassembly
- Case studies for mechanical problems, control problems, oil problems & electrical problems
- Cheat sheets for successful scope setups
- Testing phasers, actuators & solenoids
- What to do when codes return
- Useful specifications
- Flow of diagnostics chart that guides you to what to do next
Technicians need a trusted process they can rely on to uncover VVT problems & the routine highlighted will lead you to a successful conclusion for Asian & Domestic vehicles.