As an internationally recognized automotive consultant and trainer, Mike Cleary teaches expert driveability and electronics diagnostics for technicians worldwide. Mike has trained several worldwide companies and fleets including Reviva Engine Manufacturing, British Columbia Transit, the city of Calgary, Seattle and Fort Worth, the Automotive Service Association of Texas, the Canadian Defense Ministry, and the United States Department of Homeland Security. Mike has presented at numerous national and international conventions: Automechanika Canada, Vision Hi-Tech Training Conference, ASA Automotive Training Expo/Seattle and Congress of Automotive Repair and Service (CARS). Mike has written automotive diagnostics articles for Motor Age, Master Technician, and Service Station and Garage Management publications.
As a founding board member of Ford Motor Company’s Professional Technician Society, Mike received national recognition for his contributions involving the improvement of the 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Engine Program. Mike is the only member asked to serve two terms. As a former member of Ford’s IDS (Integrated Diagnostics Software) beta team, he provided field feedback to Ford regarding how IDS performed on Ford’s newest vehicles. Today, he continues to keep abreast of the latest vehicle developments and remains in regular contact with Ford engineers.
Cleary Automotive is a Bosch Certified Diesel Vehicle Diagnostics Center which specializes in high-tech driveability and electronics repairs.
Education and Professional Certifications
- Ford Motor Company Senior Master Technician (13 years dealership experience)
- Ford Motor Company Diesel Specialist
- ASE Master Automobile Technician
- ASE Master Heavy Truck Technician
- ASE Automobile Advanced Engine Performance (L1)
- ASE Heavy Truck Advanced Engine Performance (L2)
- ASE Alternate Fuel Specialist (F1)
- California Certified Advanced Emissions Specialist
- Bachelor of Science, Industrial Technology-Automotive/Management California State University, Fresno
- Ford Motor Company Professional Technician Society Advisory Board
- International Automotive Technicians’ Network
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Association of Diesel Specialists
- Canadian Auto Repair and Service Magazine Advisory Panel